HAIR STYLING (ADVANCED) ONLINE
A deposit of $500 (non-refundable) is required to secure your place in this course; the balance to be paid prior to commencement of the course, or payment options available.
Course Cost without Kit – $1300 (training only)
Course Cost with basic kit $1500
If you require a mannequin head, one can be purchased at our academy campus in Altona separately for $120
- FULL PAYMENT: Full payment upfront using direct deposit, credit card or PayPal:
- or DEPOSIT, THEN PAY IN FULL: A non-refundable deposit of $500.00 using direct deposit must be paid to secure your place in this course.
Please Note: If choosing this option, you will see the full course fee displayed when booking in. After you’ve booked, your requirement at this point, within 12 hours, is to make a direct deposit of $500. The remainder of the course fee can be paid in full prior to week 1 OR a Payment Plan directly with the Tamarua Beauty Academy will take effect under a signed contract in week 1.
Payments can be made via direct deposit, cash or eftpos/credit card (a 1.9% surcharge fee will be added when paying with card).
- or HUMM: Payment Plan via Humm (spread your payments out over weeks). No interest and no extra fees.
Minimum of 4 students required to start course.
Please click on your preferred date to begin:
ONLINE – LIVE STREAM Advanced Hair Styling Course – 18th August 2020 (1-2 hrs per week for 8 weeks 6-7pm)
The Advanced Hair Styling course will provide you with the necessary skills for, special events, photo shoots, fashion runway / events and bridal styling. Especially designed for makeup artists and hair stylists, this course is great for professionals wanting a career in freelance styling or just to further expand on existing skills and knowledge
What to expect during our LIVE online class session:
- Cutting edge educational material taught by industry experts
- LIVE online learning like no other!! No pre-recorded training, LIVE training means you are always up to date and relevant which is why our students are so successful
- Access to founder Maggie Tamarua and Head trainer of the course
- LIVE – Feedback from previous weeks case studies
- LIVE – Demos includes theory
- Q & A time after LIVE session
Watch our LIVE session, have direct access to our trainer for Q&A, Complete case studies offline during that week and submit completed work on Private Facebook Forum page. This will be assessed by trainer and feedback will be given prior to our next LIVE. You must complete this before logging in to our next LIVE session.
Prerequisites: Students must have completed our beginners hair styling course or provide certificates or proof of experience in industry. Students will gain advanced skill and techniques and become equipped to work in retail, bridal, photographic, film and fashion industry.
Students must be 14 years of age or over at the starting date of the course.
What you get:
Our professional Advanced Hair Styling course delivered online; consists of 7 comprehensive modules and 7 corresponding interactive assignments. The course is designed to be self-paced but must be completed during our 8 week time slot.
- 7 live weekly LIVE education sessions where we introduce you to the tools, products and essential techniques to succeed in your career.
- 1 LIVE assessment class
- Instant access to our Advanced Hair Styling Training Manual filled with lesson plans and everything you need to launch and leverage your career.
Hair Tools & Equipment
(Optional) Hair Styling Kit can be purchased for $200. We deliver to your door for an extra cost of $25 or you can collect from our Altona campus. Deposit must be paid before receiving kit.
Contents of Hair Styling KIT:
MUK Thermal Spray
Round Bristle Brush
Accessories Container with Bobbi pins, fringe pins and hair ties
Student must have the below to complete each practical session:
- – Professional Standard Hair Dryer
– Professional Standard Curling Wand
– Professional Standard Straightening Iron with Temperature Control
- Mannequin head for your practical (can be purchased at the TBA for only $120 ) RRP $160
- Head Clamp for Mannequin can be purchased for $20 or stand for $90
Please ensure if supplying your own mannequin, it is 100% human hair. As we heat tools and products that are designed for human hair. We cannot accept responsibility if mannequins are damaged due to poor quality hair.
All items required for class can be purchased at the academy prior to your course start date. These can be picked up at our Altona location or sent via mail at an extra handling and packaging cost.
Student can supply all their own Equipment and Products for this course.
- Add us on INSTAGRAM: @tamaruabeautyacademy – https://www.instagram.com/tamaruabeautyacademy/
- Join our public TBA facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/tamaruabeautyacademy/
Miss a LIVE class: If you miss a LIVE online session, you will have access to session VIA FB PRIVATE FORUM.
Assessment & Certification: A Certificate of Completion will be issued based on assessment and successful completion of each unit in every weeks online class. Certificate will be sent via email. You will also have lifetime access and direct support from our team – we will always be here for you even after you graduate.
What you need before you get started:
Reliable Internet Access from home (not WIFI – you need ADSL or NBN connection)
- Reliable laptop/computer/mobile phone
- A Facebook account
- Ensure that you have all hair products and tools as outlined above
- Student Training Manual – will be emailed to you
Course outline and models required:
Week 1 – Model required (or use mannequin head)
- Boho Bride – soft & romantic
- Fairytale braid
- Romantic upstyle
Week 2 – Model required (or use mannequin head)
- Modern Bride
- Textured low bun
- High bun
Week 3 – Model required (or use mannequin head)
- Classic Bride – sleek
- French roll
Week 4 – Model required (or use mannequin head)
- Vintage Bride – red carpet glam
Week 5 – Model required (or use mannequin head)
- Braided faux hawk
Week 6 – Model required (or use mannequin head)
- Avant-garde Hairstyle
Week 7 – Model required (or use mannequin head)
- Tips and tricks
Week 8 – Model required (or use mannequin head)