MAKEUP (BEGINNERS) ONLINE
A deposit of $500 (non-refundable) is required to secure your place in this course; the balance to be paid prior to commencement of the course, or payment options available. (This course includes Kit valued at $750).
2 options – Training Only or Training including kit option:
LIVE Online Course cost = $1800 current special (normally $2150) – includes FREE kit handpicked by Maggie valued at $750
LIVE Online Course cost = $1400 (No Kit, student can use their own makeup) **Please Note: If choosing this option, you will see the full course fee displayed when booking in. Choose direct deposit option only and manually transfer deposit or full amount.
- FULL PAYMENT: Full payment upfront using direct deposit, credit card or PayPal:
- or DEPOSIT, THEN PAY IN FULL: A non-refundable deposit of $500.00 using direct deposit must be paid to secure your place in this course.
Please Note: If choosing this option, you will see the full course fee displayed when booking in. After you’ve booked, your requirement at this point, within 12 hours, is to make a direct deposit of $500. The remainder of the course fee can be paid in full prior to week 1 OR a Payment Plan directly with the Tamarua Beauty Academy will take effect under a signed contract in week 1.
Payments can be made via direct deposit, cash or eftpos/credit card (a 1.9% surcharge fee will be added when paying with card).
- or HUMM: Payment Plan via Humm (spread your payments out over weeks). No interest and no extra fees.
Minimum of 4 students required to start course.
Prerequisites: No Prerequisites for this course
Please click on your preferred date to begin:
Become an in-demand Makeup Artist, and get the knowledge to start your own business. Makeup is a fantastic and rewarding career where you get to make others look and feel beautiful and get paid to do so. You will be trained by an award winning Makeup Artist. Whether you are looking at becoming a professional makeup artist or want to learn how to apply your own makeup, this course is for YOU!
What to expect during our LIVE online class session:
- Cutting edge educational material taught by industry experts
- LIVE online learning like no other!! No pre-recorded training, LIVE training means you are always up to date and relevant which is why our students are so successful
- Access to founder Maggie Tamarua and Head trainer of the course
- LIVE – Feedback from previous weeks case studies
- LIVE – Demos includes theory
- Q & A time after LIVE session
Watch our LIVE session, have direct access to our trainer for Q&A, Complete case studies offline during that week and submit completed work to firstname.lastname@example.org. This will be assessed by trainer and feedback will be given prior to our next LIVE. You must complete this before logging in to our next LIVE session.
What you get:
Our professional Makeup course delivered online; consists of 7 comprehensive modules and corresponding interactive assignments. The course is designed to be self-paced but must be completed during our 8-week time slot.
- 7 live weekly LIVE education sessions where we introduce you to the tools, products and essential techniques to succeed in your career.
- 1 assessment class (mixing both online and in class assessments, so you are set up for success)
- Instant access to our Makeup Training Manual filled with lesson plans and everything you need to launch and leverage your career.
- Makeup Starter Kit – Delivered to your door for an extra cost of $25 or collected from Point Cook (Kit cost is $750 included in course). Deposit must be paid before receiving kit. Remainder can be paid on a plan or full course can be paid via Humm.
- Makeup Starter Kit contents include:
1 x Concealer Wheel
1 x TBA Brush Cleaner
1 x Vanilla Pencil
1 x Black Gel liner
1 x Foundation Pallette (contains 6 colors)
1 x Loose powder
1 x Embryolisse Primer
1 x Contour, highlight and blush pallette
1 x 10 shadow Pallette (colors handpicked by Maggie)
1 x Lash Glue
1 x Full set lashes
1 x Individual Lashes
1 x Makeup Blend
- The following products must be supplied by Student:
Makeup Brushes – student can use own set or purchase a set from the school for $290.
Cotton pads Disposable
Makeup Remover or Makeup Wipes
Lip Stick/ Glosses
(Any brand of makeup is good at this stage to complete practical)
Add us on INSTAGRAM: @tamaruabeautyacademy – https://www.instagram.com/tamaruabeautyacademy/
Join our public TBA facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/tamaruabeautyacademy/
Miss a LIVE class: If you miss a LIVE online class, you will have access to the recorded session via our Facebook Private Forum.
Assessment & Certification: A Certificate of Completion will be issued based on assessment and successful completion of each unit in every weeks online class. The Certificate will be sent via email in digital format. (If you require a Printed certificate, this will incur an extra cost of $10 and is to be collected from the academy in Altona, it will not be posted).
You will also have lifetime access and direct support from our team – we will always be here for you even after you graduate. You will also have exclusive makeup discounts to top brands such as MAC, Model Rock, Inglot and more.
What you need before you get started:
- Reliable Internet Access from home (not WIFI – you need ADSL or NBN connection)
- Reliable laptop/computer
- KIT – will be posted straight to your door upon enrolment and after deposit has been paid (this KIT becomes your property, meaning you are responsible for replacing and maintaining your own kit).
- Student Training Manual – will be available and ready for you to access when you get access to our private forum.
Course outline and models required:
NOTE: Models required every week except Week 1
Hygiene, OH&S/ Tools and Equipment
Skin Prep/Type/Tone and skin analysis
Colour Theory, Foundation and Concealer
application. Mixing products/product knowledge and theory
Skin makeup Application
Must haves in your make KIT
Foundation application with a glow
Face Shapes/Concealing and Correcting
Soft Classic eye, Basic Contouring and highlighting, Corrective techniques, Eyebrows, powder and blush techniques.
Natural Makeup Application
Soft Glam Makeup Application
Eye shapes, eye shadow placement and blending, classic eye gel liner and application of small individual lashes.
Mature age makeup application with lashes
Matte Vintage eyes , winged liner application, problem skin, Flared Individual lashes and bold lips.
Bronze socket eye using pearl and matte eye shadows. Create bronzed glowing skin, sultry liner or winged liner, Full strip lash application.
Burgundy soft Smokey eye using creams and shadow.