NAIL TECHNOLOGY ONLINE
A deposit of $500 (non-refundable) is required to secure your place in this course; the balance to be paid prior to commencement of the course, or payment options available.
Course Cost: $2300 with kit
Course Cost: $2000 without kit
- FULL PAYMENT: Full payment upfront using direct deposit, credit card or PayPal:
- or DEPOSIT, THEN PAY IN FULL: A non-refundable deposit of $500.00 using direct deposit must be paid to secure your place in this course.
Please Note: If choosing this option, you will see the full course fee displayed when booking in. After you’ve booked, your requirement at this point, within 12 hours, is to make a direct deposit of $500. The remainder of the course fee can be paid in full prior to week 1 OR a Payment Plan directly with the Tamarua Beauty Academy will take effect under a signed contract in week 1.
Payments can be made via direct deposit, cash or eftpos/credit card (a 1.9% surcharge fee will be added when paying with card).
- or HUMM: Payment Plan via Humm (spread your payments out over weeks). No interest and no extra fees.
Minimum of 4 students required to start course.
Please click on your preferred date to begin:
ONLINE – Fundamental PRO Nail inc Drill – 18th Oct 2021 (1-2 hr LIVE sessions per week for 12 weeks 6-7pm)
Become an in-demand Nail Technician, and get the knowledge to start your own business. You will be trained by an award winning Nail Artist.
What to expect during our LIVE online class session:
- Cutting edge educational material taught by industry experts
- LIVE online learning like no other!! No pre-recorded training, LIVE training means you are always up to date and relevant which is why our students are so successful
- Access to founder Maggie Tamarua and Head trainer of the course
- LIVE – Feedback from previous weeks case studies
- LIVE – Demos includes theory
- Q & A time after LIVE session
Watch our LIVE session, have direct access to our trainer for Q&A, Complete case studies offline during that week and submit completed work on Private Facebook Forum page. This will be assessed by trainer and feedback will be given prior to our next LIVE. You must complete this before logging in to our next LIVE session.
What you get:
Our professional Nail Technology Fundamentals Pro course delivered online; consists of 12 comprehensive modules and 12 corresponding interactive assignments. The course is designed to be self-paced but must be completed during our 12-week time slot.
- 12 live weekly LIVE education sessions where we introduce you to the tools, products and essential techniques to succeed in your career.
- 1 LIVE assessment class
- Instant access to our Nail Technology Training Manual filled with lesson plans and everything you need to launch and leverage your career.
- Nail Starter Kit – Delivered to your door for an extra cost of $25 or collected from Point Cook (Kit cost is $450 included in course). Deposit must be paid before receiving kit. Remainder can be paid on a plan or full course can be paid via Humm.
- The following disposable products must be supplied by Student:
Table lamp (Not Required if you have good lighting)
Nail polish remover
Nail polish (colours of your choice)
- Week 1 – Gel light and polish (top coat, base coat and gel color) to be supplied by student or student can purchase gel light for $60 or gel light and 3 gel polishes for only $100)
- Week 7 – (Poly Gel/Gel Paste) – students to purchase own Poly Gel /Gel Paste product of choice and Poly Gel specific application brush. Our trainer recommends: https://www.thenailshop.com.au/easy-glide-soak-off-uv-led-gel-paste-for-nails-hema-free-coral-pink-30gm/ and
Full on tips (trainer will show a demo on full on tips and optional if student want to do) Brand our trainer recommends: https://magpiebeauty.nz/search?type=product&q=Full+on+tips
- Week 8 – 9 (Nail Art and SNS) will need to be supplied by students prior to these weeks OR SNS kit available for purchase at the TBA for $100.
- Week 10: Drill techniques and Encapsulated nails (student must supply their own drill. If you don’t have a drill, you will have the option to use a nail file)
- Week 11: More Drill techniques and Trending nails
- Week 12: Assessment
- Practice Hand to be supplied by student OR the Brittany silicone hand (non posable on a stand) can be purchased at the TBA. The Brittany silicone hand has a relaxed pose, right handed with 5 fingers. Slide on nails tips, universal full well tips are recommended. Thumb size 1, Index size 5, Middle size 4, Ring size 5, Pinkie size 7. Price- $160
Practice hand does not need to be purchased if student has weekly model to practice on.
- Add us on INSTAGRAM: @tamaruabeautyacademy – https://www.instagram.com/tamaruabeautyacademy/
- Join our public TBA facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/tamaruabeautyacademy/
Miss a LIVE class: If you miss a LIVE online session, you will have access to session VIA FB PRIVATE FORUM.
Assessment & Certification: A Certificate of Completion will be issued based on assessment and successful completion of each unit in every weeks online class. The Certificate will be sent via email in digital format. (If you require a Printed certificate, this will incur an extra cost of $10 and is to be collected from the academy in Altona, it will not be posted).
You will also have lifetime access and direct support from our team – we will always be here for you even after you graduate.
What you need before you get started:
- Reliable Internet Access from home (not WIFI – you need ADSL or NBN connection)
- Reliable laptop/computer/mobile phone
- A Facebook account
- KIT – our online nail starter kit will be posted straight to your door upon enrolment and after deposit has been paid. We have included extra items in your kit compared to the kit you get for an on-site course.
- Student Training Manual – will be emailed to you
Course outline and models required:
NOTE: Models required every week. In some cases, students can work on own hand if model is unavailable.
Week 1: Welcome & Introductions, Student Training Kit, Manicures & Gel Polish application
Week 2: Introduction to Acrylic Nails
Week 3: Nail Shaping
Week 4: Permanent French Acrylic Nails
Week 5: Acrylic Sculptures & Acrylic removal procedure
Week 6: Acrylic Refill
Week 7: Gel Nail Enhancements
Week 8: Nail Art
Week 9: Acrylic Dipping System (SNS) Kit is available for purchase at the TBA for $100.
Week 10: Drill Techniques and Encapsulated nails (students must bring their own drill to class. If you don’t have a drill, you will have the option to use a nail file)
Week 11: Drill Techniques and Trending nails
Week 12: Assessment