Beginners Hair Styling Course
At the Tamarua Beauty Academy we are passionate and confident that you will complete your course with all the knowledge, understanding and skills that you will need to progress your career to the next step.
All trainers have completed their Training and Assessment Certificate. They are highly qualified with years of experience teaching at colleges/tafes, editorial spreads and have worked for prestigious companies and won major industry awards. All trainers STILL work within the makeup industry and are well sought after.
All classes will have an intimate classroom experience of no more than 8 students per class, to ensure the greatest experience possible. Competitively priced hair kits will be available to purchase which will contain an excellent selection of products.
A Certificate of attainment is gained on the successful completion of course. All students will receive 10% off selected products throughout course.
The purpose of the Beginners Hair Styling Course course is to learn basic styling hair techniques suitable for bridal, and fashion.
Especially designed for hairdressers and makeup artists this course is great for professionals wanting a career in freelance styling or just purely to further existing skills.
Students must be 16 years of age or over at the starting date of the course.
From Dreams to Reality
Beginners Hair Styling Course
8 week course
One night per week for 2-3 hours
- Client consultation/trial tips
- Face shapes and hair textures
- Tools of the trade
- Product Knowledge – using the latest styling products for long lasting results.
- Correct teasing and pinning techniques
- Braiding, plaiting (inside and out)
- Fishtail and waterfall braid/Lace braid
- Correct pinning techniques and sectioning
- Hot roller setting techniques
- Hot tongs techniques
- Straightening and curling with irons
- Blow drying and back combing – Create stunning blow waves fit for the red carpet
- Hairstyling for photo shoots – Basic to more complex styles
- Pony Tail (Curled and Extended)
- Sleek sides and volume hair
- Basic Up styles
- Basic Bridal Styles
- Creative Techniques/Magazine look
- Photo shoot with a professional photographer to build your portfolio
Included in course
Long hair styling combs, hair padding/nets, tail comb, soft paddle brush, round brush, clips, bobby pins, sectioning clips, elastic bands, hair spray & smoothing cream.
Students will need to bring to class or can buy at a 10% discount from the Academy.
- Large Set of Hot rollers
- Professional Standard Hair Dryer
- Professional Standard Curling Wand
- Professional Standard Straightening Iron with Temperature Control
The Academy will be selling mannequin heads RRP $150 and sold to hair students for $85
Please ensure if supplying your own mannequin it is 100% human hair. As we heat tools and products that designed for human hair. We cannot accept responsibility if mannequins are damaged due to poor quality hair.
Students will participate in a professional photo shoot to begin building their portfolio. This will form part of their assessment. Students can collaborate with makeup students for shoot.
Prerequisites: Students must be 16 years of age or over at the starting date of the course. You will be taught all the practical aspects of hair styling.
Course Cost: $1400.00
(No hidden costs)
Deposit of $500.00 (non refundable) is required to secure your place in class; the balance to be paid prior to commencement of the course or payment plans available.
Payment Plan options available
- Full payment upfront using direct deposit or Paypal within 24 hours
- A non-refundable deposit of $500.00 using direct deposit must be paid in order to guarantee your place on any of our courses and remainder of course to paid week 1 prior to class via direct deposit, eftpos or cash.
- Payment Plan via Oxipay (Spread your payments out over 4 x fortnights or 8 x weeks). No interest and no extra fees.
Course Location: 8/36 Aylesbury Drive, Altona, 3018, Victoria
Min 3 students required for class to proceed
Graduation date: You will receive your graduation certificate at your ceremony
January Intake – 31st March 2019 from 10am-12pm.
March Intake – 9th June 2019 from 10am-12pm.
(If you are unable to attend, certificates will not be sent out, it must be collected from the academy)