Beginners Hair Styling
At the Tamarua Beauty Academy we are passionate and confident that you will complete your course with all the knowledge, understanding and skills that you will need to progress your career to the next step.
All trainers have completed their Training and Assessment Certificate. They are highly qualified with years of experience teaching at Colleges/Tafes, editorial spreads and have worked for prestigious companies and won major industry awards. All trainers STILL work within the makeup industry and are well sought after.
All classes will have an intimate classroom experience of no more than 8 students per class, to ensure the greatest experience possible. Competitively priced hair kits will be available to purchase which will contain an excellent selection of products.
A Certificate of attainment is gained on the successful completion of course. All students will receive 10% off selected products throughout course.
The purpose of this Beginners Hair Styling Course course is to learn basic styling hair techniques suitable for bridal, and fashion. Especially designed for hairdressers and makeup artists this course is great for professionals wanting a career in freelance styling or just purely to further existing skills.
Students must be 16 years of age or over at the starting date of the course.
Beginners Hair Styling
8 week course
One night per week for 2-3 hours
- Client consultation/trial tips
- Face shapes and hair textures
- Tools of the trade
- Product Knowledge – using the latest styling products for long lasting results.
- Correct teasing and pinning techniques
- Braiding, plaiting (inside and out)
- Fishtail and waterfall braid/Lace braid
- Correct pinning techniques and sectioning
- Hot roller setting techniques
- Hot tongs techniques
- Straightening and curling with irons
- Blow drying and back combing – Create stunning blow waves fit for the red carpet
- Hairstyling for photo shoots – Basic to more complex styles
- Pony Tail (Curled and Extended)
- Sleek sides and volume hair
- Basic Up styles
- Basic Bridal Styles
- Creative Techniques/Magazine look
Included in course:
Long hair styling combs, hair padding/nets, tail comb, soft paddle brush, round brush, clips, bobby pins, sectioning clips, elastic bands, hair spray & smoothing cream.
Students will need to bring to class or can buy at a 10% discount from the Academy.
- Professional Standard Hair Dryer
- Professional Standard Curling Wand
- Professional Standard Straightening Iron with Temperature Control
The Academy sells mannequin heads (RRP $150) and sold to hair students for $100. Mannequin head can be purchased at the academy prior to week 1 class.
Please ensure if supplying your own mannequin it is 100% human hair. As we heat tools and products that are designed for human hair. We cannot accept responsibility if mannequins are damaged due to poor quality hair.
Prerequisites: Students must be 16 years of age or over at the starting date of the course. You will be taught all the practical aspects of hair styling.
Course Location: 36 Aylesbury Drive, Altona, 3018, Victoria (Building 8)
Min 3 students required for class to proceed.
Course Cost: $1400.00
(No hidden costs)
A deposit of $500 (non refundable) is required to secure your place in this course; the balance to be paid prior to commencement of the course, or payment options available.
Payment Options Available:
- FULL PAYMENT: Full payment upfront using direct deposit or PayPal within 12 hours.
- DEPOSIT, THEN PAY IN FULL: A non-refundable deposit of $500.00 using direct deposit must be paid to secure your place in this course.
Please Note: If choosing this option, you will see the full course fee displayed when booking in. After you’ve booked, your requirement at this point, within 12 hours, is to make a direct deposit of $500. The remainder of the course fee can be paid in full prior to week 1 OR a Payment Plan directly with the Tamarua Beauty Academy will take effect under a signed contract in week 1.
Payment can be made via direct deposit, cash or eftpos/credit card (a 1.9% surcharge fee will be added when paying with card).
- HUMM: Payment Plan via Humm (spread your payments out over weeks). No interest and no extra fees.
Please click on your preferred date to begin: