Beginners/Intermediate Make-up Course
Start your makeup journey with award winning makeup Artist Maggie Tamarua and Team. At the Tamarua Beauty Academy we are passionate and confident that you will complete your course with all the knowledge, understanding and skills that you will need to progress your career to the next step.
All trainers have completed their Training and Assessment Certificate. They are highly qualified with years of experience teaching at colleges/tafes, editorial spreads and have worked for prestigious makeup companies and won major industry awards. All trainers STILL work within the makeup industry and are well sought after.
All classes will have an intimate classroom experience of no more than 8 students per class, to ensure the greatest experience possible. You will be provided with all makeup required to create each look. Competitively priced Makeup kits will be available to purchase which will contain an excellent selection of products. Student must supply own brushes for use in class. Students will have a option to purchase the TBA set (includes all the basic must haves) for $290 or provide their own set. This will ensure students can practice and learn how to maintain their brushes by cleaning, sanitizing, reshaping and drying properly. With proper care you can use the same tools your entire career.
A Certificate of attainment is gained on the successful completion of the Beginners/Intermediate Make-Up Course. All students will receive 10% off selected products throughout course. The Academy prefers to use a range of different products to achieve the optimum finish including Kryolon, Nars, Inglot, and Napoleon.
Students must be 16 years of age or over at the starting date of the course.
From Dreams to Reality
Beginners/Intermediate Make-Up Course
8 week course – model required from week 2
One night or weekend per week for 3 hours
- Health, Safety and Hygiene
- Products/Tools/Kit and how to use them
- Brush technique and control
- Application of foundations – Colour harmony and skin Tone
- Contouring and highlighting
- Application of day, evening, glamour and mature makeup
- Eye shadow application, eye structure and corrective techniques
- Precise eyeliner and lip shaping technique
- Application of Individual and Full set lashes
- Vintage Makeup
- Industry Knowledge – Conducting yourself as a professional artist and establishing a successful career.
Prerequisites to the course: Students must be 16 years of age or over at the starting date of the course. You will be taught all the practical aspects of makeup application and selection for weddings and special occasions.
Included in course
- Disposable wands
- Fake lashes
- Lash adhesive
- Brush cleaner
Students will participate in a professional photo shoot to begin building their portfolio. This will form part of their assessment. Photographing your looks will show you where you need to improve and how your makeup translates in pictures.
Course Cost: $1400.00
(No hidden costs)
Deposit of $500.00 (non refundable) is required to secure your place in class; the balance to be paid prior to commencement of the course or payment plans available.
Payment Plan options available
- Full payment upfront using direct deposit or Paypal within 24 hours
- A non-refundable deposit of $500.00 using direct deposit must be paid in order to guarantee your place on any of our courses and remainder of course to paid week 1 prior to class via direct deposit, eftpos or cash.
- Payment Plan via Oxipay (Spread your payments out over 4 x fortnights or 8 x weeks). No interest and no extra fees.
Course Location: 8/36 Aylesbury Drive, Altona, 3018, Victoria
Min 3 students required for class to proceed
Graduation date: You will receive your graduation certificate at your ceremony
January Intake – 31st March 2019 from 10am-12pm.
March Intake – 9th June 2019 from 10am-12pm
(If you are unable to attend, certificates will not be sent out, it must be collected from the academy)
Please click on the name of the course to select