| PAYMENT INFORMATION |
Full Payment: Payment is required up front using either Credit Card, PayPal, AfterPay and other options available. Total course cost is $799. Course does not include a kit.
Deposit: Pay a non-refundable $500 deposit to secure your place in this course.
Remaining Balance: Must be paid a week prior to the course start date. Can be paid onsite directly.
By placing this order, you confirm that you agree to Tamarua Beauty Academy's Terms & Conditions HERE
| COURSE INFORMATION |
This course streams LIVE Online from our Altona campus.
It is a 5 week course, one night per week for 2-3 hours
Models required each week or you can purchase a mannequin head from the TBA.
1A- PREP- The what why and how for long lasting results.
1B- HYGIENE- Scalp and hair conditions, how to sanitize and clean tools properly.
1C- Tools of the trade – Tool knowledge and heat control. Equipment recommendations and how to.
1D BLOW WAVES – How to create a sleek and sexy blow wave and how to create a full bouncy blow out.
CURLS WAVES AND BEACHY HAIR.
This class is all about the heat tools. You will create volume with big curls, Glam red carpet waves and beach waved perfection
This week is all about the humble pony tail. You will be shown 3 different techniques to create a sleek shiny, bridal volume and double pony tail.
3A- How to correctly secure a pony tail.
3B-Sleek and perfect straight pony
3C- Volume textured pony including extension application
3D- Double extended pony
Braids will never go out of fashion. Whether its Kim K braids or a more understated fishtail you will learn 3 different braid techniques and incorporate them into a basic yet stunning up style.
4A- Inside scalp braid
4B- outside scalp braid
4C- boho fishtail braid
4D- braided up style
EXTENSION APPLICATION AND HALF UP STYLE.
This week is all about extensions. With most styles you see on social media incorporating extensions in some way shape or form we will show you how to correctly apply clip in extensions. How to not cause any damage to the hair and create a half up style using extensions for volume.
5A- Why use extensions? Which kind to use and how to colour match.
5B- Clip in extension application
5C-How to correctly use Bobby pins (less is more)
5D- How too create a stunning half up style using clip in extensions.
This Basic Editorial Hairstyling Course is aimed at Make up artists that would like basic hair knowledge for editorial shoots, and basic hair styling to add to their business. During the 5 week course each step is explained in depth so you will walk away confident in your new skills. Your teacher has chosen the 5 most asked for editorial looks and will go through a new one each week. Models are required for each week however mannequins can be purchased through the TBA if required.
What to expect during our LIVE online class session:
- Cutting edge educational material taught by industry experts
- LIVE online learning like no other!! No pre-recorded training, LIVE training means you are always up to date and relevant which is why our students are so successful
- Access to founder Maggie Tamarua and Head trainer of the course
- LIVE – Feedback from previous weeks case studies
- LIVE – Demos includes theory
- Q & A time after LIVE session
Watch our LIVE session, have direct access to our trainer for Q&A, Complete case studies offline during that week and submit completed work on Private Facebook Forum page. This will be assessed by trainer and feedback will be given prior to our next LIVE. You must complete this before logging in to our next LIVE session.
What you get:
Our professional Basic Editorial Hairstyling course is delivered live online; consisting of 5 comprehensive modules and 5 corresponding interactive assignments. The course is designed to be self-paced but must be completed during our 5 week time slot.
- 5 live weekly LIVE education sessions where we introduce you to the tools, products and essential techniques to succeed in your career.
- 1 LIVE assessment class
- Instant access to our Basic Editorial Hairstyling Training Manual filled with lesson plans and everything you need to launch and leverage your career.
Hair Tools & Equipment:
Items needed to be supplied by student:
Round medium brush, wide tooth comb and section clips, as well as,
– hair padding/nets
– bobby pins
– elastic bands
– hair spray
– smoothing cream
- We recommend White Sands and NAK products. These can be purchased at the school prior to the course.
- Student must have the below to complete each practical session:
– Professional Standard Hair Dryer
– Professional Standard Curling Wand
– Professional Standard Straightening Iron with Temperature Control
- Mannequin head for your practical (can be purchased at the TBA for only $150 ) RRP $180
- Head Clamp for Mannequin head can be purchased for $20 or stand for $90
If supplying your own mannequin, please ensure that it is 100% human hair. As we use heated tools and products that are designed for human hair. We cannot accept responsibility if mannequins are damaged due to poor quality hair.
All items required can be purchased at the academy prior to your course start date. These can be picked up at our academy or sent via mail at an extra handling and packaging cost.
Alternatively, student can supply all of their own Equipment and Products for this course.
Miss a LIVE class: If you miss a LIVE online session, you will have access to session VIA FB PRIVATE FORUM.
Assessment & Certification: A Certificate of Completion will be issued based on assessment and successful completion of each unit in every weeks online class. The Certificate will be sent via email in digital format. (If you require a Printed certificate, this will incur an extra cost of $10 and is to be collected from the academy in Altona, it will not be posted).
You will also have lifetime access and direct support from our team – we will always be here for you even after you graduate.
What you need before you get started:
- Reliable Internet Access from home (not WIFI – you need ADSL or NBN connection)
- Reliable laptop/computer/mobile phone
- A Facebook account
- Ensure that you have all hair products and tools as outlined above
- Student Training Manual – will be emailed to you